Pat Coston Movie Reviews

Sunday, June 22, 2008


The Happening

I'm a HUGE fan of M. Night Shyamalan. I've liked every one of this movies I've seen which are ...


  • The Six Sense
  • Unbreakable
  • Signs
  • The Village
  • Lady in the Water
  • The Happening
I'll see Wide Awake as soon as it's available on NetFlix. I've also seen Stuart Little but I don't really include it. It feels like when Kevin Smith did Mallrats after Clerks just to make the studio happy so he could go onto make the films he wanted.


I only saw one trailer for The Happening and it did not reveal how everyone was dying. That was the big draw for me ... the big mystery I wanted to solve. Although this movie is like 20% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, I still loved it. I disagree with the reviews and thought this movie was very scary and liked the performances.




I was creeped-out big-time for about a week. One of the reasons why I this movie was so scary for me was because I kept putting myself in their place while watching it and wondering what I would do. If the toxins hit me, how would that feel and how would I kill myself? Of course that would depend on what I was doing at that moment.







This movie kind of reminded me of the comic book "Y The Last Man" where all the men die on Earth by some mysterious sickness. I was reading that comic when I saw the movie but in the movie, everyone on Earth is affected. No one is immune.





I'm wondering if it would be possible to save someones life if they were affected by the Toxin. Maybe the toxin would wear off after time. I'm reminded of that scene in Million Dollar Baby where she tries to kill herself by biting her tongue off and bleeding to death. Even if you were to immobilize someone, they still have that option. You would have to put them under sedation.

But it would be interesting to talk to them to see what they are thinking. In real life there are people that hate certain body parts and want them removed like this man who destroyed his own leg so it would be removed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1299501.ece


If our brains can hate a body part, certainly they can hate the entire body and want to die. People get suicidal so it's not so far fetched that we could make a chemical that would make someone suicidal.

I saw this movie over a week ago and I'm still obsession over it. It really got to me. The world would be a scary place if this thing were ever real in any shape or form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home